Celebrate, support and be inspired - 13th September @ The Spring, Vauxhall
As part of Business in the Community’s arc programme, the Spring Project has been asked to open the London Stock exchange on Monday 10th September, to mark the first day of the Olympic Legacy. We have been invited in recognition of our commitment to inspire a generation.
Two years on from opening our doors, we are reflecting on an amazing journey - refurbishing a 10,000sq ft warehouse from scratch, 2,000 people experiencing the Spring Project's 'radical employability' training and a trip to Downing Street in July for a Big Society reception with the Prime Minister.
Next Thursday 13th September we would like to invite you to an event, to both inspire you and let you know how you and your organisation could engage with the Spring Project.
We will be celebrating the work we have done so far and inviting you to support us in training another 10,000 people.
There are 3 main ways you can support us:
• Providing space and mentors for us to run a training session (typically a day long)
• Sponsoring training
• Recruiting graduates on to paid placements who have been through the training
The event on the 13th September is divided into two parts:
Day: 2 p.m. – 5.30 p.m. Keynotes, workshops and mentoring (tickets from free - £50)
Evening: 6 p.m. – 9 p.m Evening celebration including short presentation at 7p.m. (suggested minimum donation £10)
This event is a great way to explore how your organisation can support this vital and ground-breaking work – and experience the training for yourself. You will get the opportunity to:
• Hear from several key-note speakers including an Olympic gold-medallist from Sydney in 2000
• Meet with young adults who have been through the training themselves and mentor new graduates who are coming to the Spring Project for the first time
• Connect with a deeper sense of purpose that serves your well being
If you or someone in your network would be interested in coming we would be delighted to see you.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Spring soon,
Darius, Andrew, Denis and the Spring Project team